Welcome to Kit Carson Energy, Inc.

Proving our commitment to the community by providing excellence in customer service.

We are a full service propane company located in Taos, New Mexico. Kit Carson Energy takes pride in servicing our community with quality, affordable propane services.  For New Service click here.

Click the Bill Pay icon - Wait for the payment screen to pop up.  Type your Customer ID (6-digit letter combination) and click the Sign-up link.  Type your Customer ID, your Account number (begins with a 4 or 5) and your email.  The system will email you a temporary password, type that in and it will allow you to create your own password. 

You wil first see your account general page then click the Make Payment tab that will show your information, simply click the pull down on the right screen and select card and then type your payment information. PLEASE BE PATIENT, THE SYSTEM IS A LITTLE SLOW but you will notice at the bottom of the screen the payment is processing.  Your payment will go directly to your account and will be posted the following business day.  Click to enlarge image.





Cylinder Exchange Dock - Costilla, NM

Kit Carson Energy is excited to announce their first Propane Cylinder Exchange Dock located at Alta’s Fuel Station in Costilla, NM. (Just 5 miles north of the Colorado border)

Cylinder Exchange is a quick and convenient way to exchange or purchase a tank, and is available after KCE office hours, or weekends during store hours.  KCE is working hard to provide cylinder exchanges in our service territory, affording you locations to obtain propane and get back to your day.

It’s as simple as 1…2…3…

  1. Pay the cashier for either an exchange or new purchase.
  2. Swap out (no matter what brand) or select a cylinder from the Exchange Dock.
  3. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Equal Opportunity Disclaimer

Kit Carson Energy is an equal opportunity provider and employer.  If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (886) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at
Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo